The end of the year is a great time to take stock of your small business, and Growbiz is here to help.
It’s a good time to do a check-up on your brand, and it may be time for a refresh, said Orlando Espinosa, of Emineo Media, who gave a presentation on the topic to small businesses on behalf of the Florida SBDC at FIU, the small business development center within the university’s College of Business.
Evaluate the strength and recognition of your brand and whether it needs you to breath life into it, he said. With your customers, is your brand top of mind? Are they thinking of your business when they are thinking about the product or service that they need?
Take a closer look at how your brand is being received. Consumers today are looking for authenticity, not hype. Here are 5 ways to do that:
1. Start with yout “why” — Why do you do what you do. Make sure your barand conveys your why. Espinosa continues: It’s about making your brand resonate with your customers. “Tell customers your brand story, it makes it easier for people to buy from you, “ Espinosa said..
2. You can’t be all things to all people. What motivates your customer base? These become your ambassadors – people that believe in your brand will share with their friends, he said. Your customers themselves can help you identify your mission statement, your value proposition, and ultimately your brand.
3. Look at your logo. Does it need a refresh? In the Florida SBDC at FIU webinar, Espinosa explained more about logos and what various colors mean by showing a number of famous logos. Take the time to study what colors mean,” he said . The tone of your brand should be communicated with your target audience.
4. Create a gameplan. Think about how you want to be perceived when it comes to your brand. Don’t be all over your place in your marketing, Espinosa said.
5. When you make a mistake in your marketing, own up to it quickly. To derisk the possibility of a mistake, make sure another set of eyes (or several sets) looks over your marketing materials.
Now may be the time for a brand refresh. No one knows your business better than you. As business owners, your customers are going to tell you what they need, and your brand is how you want to be seen.
“Give yourself permission to just think and process – and if you need to shift and change, do that,” Espinosa said. “The goal is to make your business approachable. “
Find out much more in the webinar here, including a bonus presentation of famous marketing and branding blunders. We all make them.
READ MORE ON GROWBIZ:
- HOW SMALL RETAILERS ARE REACHING CUSTOMERS IN MORE WAYS THAN EVER BEFORE
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING TIPS FOR SMALL BUSINESS SUCCESS
- KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS ENGAGED AND YOU’LL READ REWARDS. FIND OUT HOW