GowBiz will continue to bring you announcements about COVID-19 relief. Here’s an offering from the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce and CareerSource South Florida.
Did you incur Covid-19 losses when you pivoted your small business in order to survive and keep your workers employed?
The Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce and CareerSource South Florida have set aside $1 million for small business grants. The grants will reimburse those pandemic-related expenses. They are strictly for reimbursement and are fairly simple to secure for qualifying businesses that can substantiate their expenditures.
Small businesses with 3 to 50 emploees are encouraged too apply for the grant program. Apply if you can check off all the qualifying information needed on the check list here.
Missing information or incomplete applications are automatically rejected by the system. Please don’t waste your time filling out the application form until and unless you have all the necessary information loaded into the system.
Eligibility requirements are:
- Gross receipts under $10M
- 3-50 Employees
- For-profit and certain nonprofits (see details)
- Operating at least 2 years
- Operating in Miami-Dade or Monroe Counties
EXAMPLES OF WHAT IS COVERED:
(Only ITEMS YOU HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED, not for future purchases)
Personal protection equipment (PPE), e.g.
- Face shields
Cleaning/sanitation supplies, e.g.
- Clorox wipes (or similar)
- Hand sanitizers
- Hand sanitizer dispensers
Other supplies to assure social distancing, e.g.
- Safety rules posters/signage
- Social distancing floor markings
- Sanitation cleaning of your office to protect employees and customers, etc.
Equipment or technology to keep operations going during the shutdown, e.g.
- Laptop Computers or tablets to enable staff to work remotely
- Zoom membership to keep operations functioning
- Apps and tools to repurpose employees, interface with customers, or assist in staying open and keeping your employees.
WHAT’S NOT COVERED:
- Payroll expenses
- Rent/lease etc.
For additional questions or information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more about assistance through the Chamber here.